Friends of mine ask me how I could possibly like living in Auckland with all the traffic.
I drive to work every day in Albany and I live down in Burswood. For people that don't know, that's about a one hour drive each way in traffic.
I don't get stressed out or worried about traffic. In fact, it's something I sometimes look forward to. It gives me the perfect opportunity to think and mull ideas over.
Now, it's amazing how many great ideas and thoughts come out of that time in traffic. If you think about it, it's one of those only times where your brain isn't really occupied but at the same time you can't switch off or do something else.
It's like showering. You can't really do something else, and your brain isn't overly utilised.
Sitting in traffic, I think about marketing concepts, business ideas, observe my thought patterns and all sorts of things. Or I don't think and train my brain in being present to what's going on around me.
I used to have my radio on all the time but now I switch it off.
Give it a try, just notice what happens...
No comments:
Post a Comment