Check this out: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/opinion/sunday/this-story-stinks.html?_r=1&
Psychology is a crazy wee beast. We're beginning to understand more and more of it on a scientific level but when it comes to a more practical level, we have no idea.
Who would have thought that some stranger's comments on your blog post or article would affect the way that reader interprets that post or article.
I always used to think that little things don't really make a difference. You know, leaving out a sentence or including a sentence in an email. The colours we choose on a website. The size of the logo you put on your business card.
Now I'm sweating the little things. It's not about stressing out and worrying about every little thing but rather avoiding leaving things out/taking shortcuts just because I don't think 'they'll' notice. In fact, they may not even notice but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an impact.
No comments:
Post a Comment