Monday, 8 April 2013

Customer Service - Who knew it could be so exciting?

I've been reading an absolutely fantastic book.

It's called "What's the Secret?" by John DiJulius. I've read a lot of books recently and I must say this is right up the top so far.

It's all about customer service and what it means to a business. He's written about the topic so clearly and so practically that it's a must read for anyone that's in business - especially one that deals with the consumer.

Customer service doesn't get the attention it deserves. It has the power to completely cripple your business or send you flying head and shoulders above your competition. In practice, it can be completely free yet yield you the best return out of any marketing activity.

Based on his research, John DiJulius states that 79% of companies reach a customer service level of average at best. 18% are above average and only 3% are excellent.

It's hard to impress a customer that expects and consistently receive excellent customer service but given those statistics. You don't really need to do much extra to impress...

No comments:

Post a Comment