Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Social media - where do we find the time?

It's the way things are heading. That's what a lot of experts are saying and I don't disagree.

Facebook's graph search is going to be a very valuable new service and I'm looking forward to giving it a go. If you don't know about it already, it'll allow to do a search such as "pizza restaurants that my friends in Auckland like" using information already captured in Facebook.

This is an important development, one that Google isn't currently capable of providing. It draws on social information to help you make choices that are already validated by your friends.

As our online world becomes more social, that's where we must direct our attention and therein lies my dilemma. There's so much opportunity to network, to start building a profile for myself as a marketer but how do we fit it all in?


A little at a time. Right now, I keep mindful of this blog at the back of my mind and I make sure I post regularly. It takes discipline and when I get started, it takes a surprisingly short amount of time.

I'm taking one step at a time, forming a habit. I think of it like an investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment