Monday, 15 October 2012

Getting up in the morning

Sometimes it's very hard to get up in the morning.

This morning I woke up at 6am and then didn't get up until 6:45am. It's that dreaded "snooze" phenomenon.

I roll over, my cat walks on me, I push her away then roll over again. I close my eyes and try not to think about doing anything just so I can eek out those extra precious minutes of sleep.

In reality, those extra minutes of sleep really don't make a difference. In fact, I end up getting later which means I don't have time to just chill out while I have breakfast or take my time in making a really good lunch.

If I relate this procrastination to the day - any time I procrastinate, I make more work for myself. Procrastination is never satisfying. It never delivers on anything beneficial yet I still do it. It just draws out the amount of time that I'm left anxious about doing something.

Tomorrow morning, I've set my alarm for 7am. I'm going to get straight out of bed when I wake up and have some time to myself before I start work. I also have some work scheduled in the day and I'm just going to do it as soon as that time arrives.

Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment