I don't really give myself enough acknowledgement.
For me, it's like climbing a mountain. I'm climbing climbing climbing, slogging my heart out and I get to the top of the mountain. Instead of turning around, admiring the view and giving myself a high five for my achievements, I look up at the next mountain and just continue climbing.
The impact on me is that it's just so tiring and debilitating.
The biggest thing is that it stops me from creating. When I'm not allowing myself to be as great as I can be, playing myself down or criticising myself for the things I can improve on, I don't get to be creative, passionate or inspiring.
The times when I do produce my best results are when I'm allowing myself to acknowledge how awesome I am. That's when I'm bold and unstoppable. At that point I'm fully self expressed.
When I'm making cold calls like that, the conversations are completely natural. There's no forcing the call, or trying to make an appointment. I'm know what I'm offering is brilliant and I know that I am making a great contribution to them - it's up to them to say yes or no. More often than not, it's a yes.
The thing is, this isn't a natural way of being for me - but I'm committed that it becomes natural. More often than not, I talk myself down, I doubt myself and I analyse the crap out of everything.
So all I'm doing right now is noticing when I do that... it's at that point that I'm able to interrupt my automatic behaviour and go back to acknowledging myself and being awesome :).
No comments:
Post a Comment