The unknown is scary.
Our mind doesn't want to deal with something that's scary. Our fight or flight response protects us from taking that sort of action.
Just stop for a moment. Think about something you've always wanted to do but never got around to it... or it's one of those things that you'll do one day.
Just listen.
Listen to those thoughts, that little voice inside your head telling you things. Often they're reasons why not to do something. For me, it often says "what if you miss out on this or that??". "That's not going to work". "People won't like you if you do that".
Now those voices aren't bad. They're what keep us safe. It's part of the predictive system that we have for protecting us. We predict what will happen in the future based on our past and your little voice relays those things back to you to "protect" you. Only those things that you're protected from aren't going to kill you, nor even true!
In the weekend I made a choice. My voices were going crazy and I all I did was notice all those voices. Then, I put the voices aside and made a choice freely.
The result? Clarity. I'm so clear. Because it wasn't a choice made based on my voices/thoughts/reasons/considerations, it was one that I don't question myself on. It's empowering.
No comments:
Post a Comment