When it came to doing my cold calling at the time I scheduled today, I started 10 or so minutes late. As I had mentioned in my previous post, I was going to start right on time.
What may not seem like a big deal - after all it was only 10minutes - actually had a big impact.
I had broken my promise and that left me feeling let down, weak and guilty though at the time I didn't see it for myself. To cover it up I drove myself to produce results so I could justify to myself it doesn't matter that I was late in starting.
Well... I ended up floundering for the next 2-3 hours until I actually said something to another person rather than hold it all in.
Once I was freed up - having acknowledged my broken promise - I booked two appointments and had great results! The weight lifted.
It seems minor but it's really important. Being someone that honours their promises (no matter how small) gives me power, respect and trust - not just from others but for me to myself.
Broken promises can be cleaned up but if they're left - they hold performance back.
No comments:
Post a Comment