There's a lot going on in my head. Lots of ideas, lots of dreams.
I've put them all up on a wall so they're out there now. I've had my goals up on the wall in this arrangement for a couple of weeks now and it's great.
I can refer to them while I brush my teeth and Lisa my fiancée can see what I'm creating for my life as well. I think that's hugely important and she's going to a big part of helping me fulfill what I'm up to in life.
At the bottom I've literally just created a business ideas area. If you know me you'll know that I come up with business ideas incessantly. I like to think a lot of them would work too!
The problem is of course that I don't follow through with them. I'm always wondering about the amount of time or money I have to dedicate to these projects and more often than not I pull out of doing them.
So, what I've done to clarify my thinking is I've put on the Y Axis the priority. That's how well that idea fulfills on the needs I have - marketing experience, contacts, finances etc
On the X Axis, the closer the idea is to the middle, the more it fulfills my intrinsic drivers. The stuff that floats my boat.
In doing this exercise, I became much clearer and I can rapidly see what's of most importance to me rather than having this confusing snow globe in my head.
I'll review this as I go on a daily basis. It's a great starting point :)

No comments:
Post a Comment