Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Not taking risks is the biggest risk of all

Today I've been thinking about all the hair brained ideas I've had.

I'm sure you've had lots yourself and many of them were nuts but there were always a few that you thought that would be absolutely brilliant.

I've had many of those and many of them haven't gone anywhere. They swirl in my head like a snow globe.

The reason why they haven't gone anywhere is that I haven't been willing to risk myself. To what degree varies - from not sharing the idea at all through to not taking the actions I know to take. Hidden inside that is the biggest risk of all and that's becoming a permanent snow globe.

What I'm learning to do is to share my ideas, to speak out and express how I think things should or could be. To take that first step. To not do that is to risk stagnating and ending up as a "I could have, or that could have been me".

As I went through this thought process today, I became clearer on how I might set myself up to take risks. What is the safety net I could put in place to take bigger and bigger risks?

Well - my answer to that was to create a financial foundation that supports my life necessities. You know, Audi RS4, big car garage and a lifestyle family home complete with brilliant views.

From there I've got a foundation that enables to risk big on my ventures without falling back to a destitute entrepreneur.

I'm going to poke a hole in my snow globe and watch the storm ensue...

No comments:

Post a Comment