Sunday, 28 October 2012

Intrinsic Drivers

It's those things that float your boat.

There's certain common aspects to the things that you love doing and things that really fulfill and satisfy you.

For me, one of my intrinsic drivers is "experiences". Having beautiful memorable experiences whether they be my brother's wedding, a valentines day picnic or a trip over to Hong Kong. It doesn't stop there either, that driver is also fulfilled by creating and sharing experiences for others.

If I look at my life, a lot of what I value is in experiences. I wrote about it in a previous blog where I'm not a big present giver or receiver but I do like creating an experience to share for that special occasion instead.

Right now, I'm in the process of discovering my intrinsic drivers. That involves observing what I feel drawn towards, looking at what I really love doing and enquiring into why I want certain things in my future life.

This is a fundamental step as it allows me to clearly define what I want to achieve in my life. Part of this blog is about how I'm going to leave a positive mark on the world. What will I be known for?

By creating a mission/path that fulfills on all my intrinsic drivers, I'm going to far more enjoy myself, be fulfilled and put my heart and soul into it even when the going gets tough.

Take a moment to think about what you're up to. What floats your boat? What's the common intrinsic driver?

If you want to learn more about intrinsic drivers, read the Winner's Bible by Kerry Spackman. A brilliant book!

No comments:

Post a Comment