Sunday, 14 October 2012

The best get picked first.

I'm good at a lot of things.

But good is not remarkable. Good is not the best. Good is normal.

Remember back when you were at school and you when people were being picked for a game of soccer/rugby/netball. I was never the first one picked but I was never the last one picked either. I was in the middle and that's not memorable.

In society today, what do you go for? Do you pick the 2nd best TV? The 3rd best wedding photographer?

In society, we pick the best (within our criteria). Makes sense.

So when it comes to building a team for a business or project - we want the best people in our team. If we look at the most successful businesses, at the crux of it they always have the best team. The best people for each specific role.

How do I get picked for that team? Being good at sales, marketing, systems, product development and all that makes no difference. I have to be the best - so that I'm the go-to person when you put together that dream team.

I looked at what floats my boat, what I love doing. What is it that I can see being a part of what I'm up to in life? For me, that's being the best marketing storyteller there is.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment